21 November 2016
Thanks everyone for attending the Indonesian film festival 2016 in Utrecht, hosted by the KBRI (the Indonesian Embassy in the Hague) and Mata Hari Media Service. It turned out to be a huge success!
For the ones interested, here is a brief recap of the past four days, followed by a conclusion:
– On the opening day (Thusday 17 november 2016) there were over 250 visitors. The box office movie “Ada Apa Dengan Cinta 2” was shown, followed by a Q&A session with Riri Riza (the theme of the festival was about his movies), Nicholas Saputra (lead actor AADC2) and Sissy Pricillia (supporting actress of AADC2). The audience asked them a few very interesting questions.
– The second day “Drupadi”and Atumbua 390C” were shown. Very interesting movies and great reactions from the audience!
– On Saturday the short movie “Wan An” was shown followed by the second showing of “Ada Apa Dengan Cinta 2”, with almost 400 spectators. This day was marked by several interesting Q&A sessions and a film discussion about contemporary Indonesian film industry . To finish off this day, a Meet &Greet was arranged for fans to have their pictures taken alongside Nicholas Saputra & Sissy Priscillia. Over 200 people stood in line to meet the stars of “AADC2”. Photos of this Meet&Greet are available on the Facebook page of the Indonesian Embassy in The Hague (KBRI) and also on our Facebook page.
– The last day was certainly not the least, as Christoffer Nelwan (the star of the movie “Athirah”) himself was present in the evening to answer questions from the audience in a Q&A session which was preceded by showing of “Athirah”. In the afternoon the visitors had a little warm up in the form of the short movie “Sokola Rimba”.
All in all, it was wonderful to see the interactivity and enthusiasm during the various Q&A sessions and film discussions throughout the whole festival. We enjoyed hearing the many great reactions from the audience regarding the movies that have been shown. Please take a look at the photos from the Indonesian Film Festival 2016 on our Facebook page and feel free to tag yourself.
The press had also written quite a few articles regarding the festival.
To read earlier postings regarding the festival, please check out the corresponding Facebook event page.
We would like to thank everyone for coming and making this event a major success!
– Mata Hari Media –
- European premiere ‘Wonderful Life’ at Indonesian Mothersday, 22 december 2016
- International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR), 25 january – 5 february 2017
About Mata Hari Media:
Mata Hari Media Services is a Dutch-Indonesian production support company based in Amsterdam. It was originally established to cater demands from Indonesian Film-productions wanting to do film production in the Netherlands. We realized that it can be difficult to do production in a foreign country with the language barrier, customs, regulations, and restrictions. Therefore we decided to offer our expertise and knowledge assisting Indonesian Production teams with research, location scouting, talent hiring, working permits, filming permits, and all aspects related to the media production (films, TV commercials, photo shoots, etcetera.) in the Netherlands. Since recently we offer the same services for production teams from other countries as well.
Our English/Dutch/Indonesian speaking team will certainly make you feel at home while helping your production go smoothly. Mata Hari Media Services offers full production support for media production in the Netherlands. No project is too small or too big for us.